250-hour Certification in Foundations of Herbal Medicine
Online 150-hour Certification in Foundations of Herbal Medicine
Introduction to Herbal Actions and Energetics
Easing Tense Bellies with Bitters, Aromatics, and Nervines
Topical & Internal Remedies for Muscles, Nerves, Joints, and Bones
1. 250-hour Certification in Foundations of Herbal Medicine Duration: April 14-October 27, 2020 (6 months) Tuition: $3,295.00 + tax With nature as our guide, we will navigate through the year using seasonal foods to keep healthy, and herbal remedies to treat common ailments. We will take an in depth look at different body systems and learn what herbs support each system. In addition to a Western approach to herbal medicine, this program incorporates the Chinese Five Element theory and Curanderismo, a folk healing system from Mexico.
During this course you will learn medicine making, botany for herbalists, herbal therapeutics, herbal materia medica and ethical wildcrafting. We believe that the best way to connect with the plants is to meet them in their natural environment so we take three weekend camping trips to different ecosystems near Santa Fe where you will learn how to identify local medicinal plants and how to responsibly collect them from the wild.
2. Online 150-hour Certification in Foundations of Herbal Medicine Duration: Open enrolment (12 months) Tuition: $895.00 The Milagro School of Herbal Medicine is offering an online distance learning program designed to teach the foundational principles of herbal medicine, medicine making, botany, and ethical wildcrafting. We used our in-person program as a template for developing the online program curriculum and format. Our online program is structured similar to our in-person course in that we emphasize the seasons throughout the course, there are four areas of study, and we have a similar timeline, syllabus, and requirements as the in-person certification.
The online program differs from our in-person program in that you do it at your own pace, over a 12 month period as opposed to a tightly structured, in-person program, from the convenience of your home in an independent approach. The online program averages about 3 hours of time per week, but because you are managing your own schedule, you can shape your weekly time commitment to what works best for you, and to accommodate your schedule. There is a difference in cost of the in-person and online program to consider. The online program is a multimedia, high quality program with audio, video, and slideshow presentations so that you will have a personal feel while doing the courses from a distance.
3. Introduction to Herbal Actions and Energetics: We will begin this class exploring some basic herbal energetics, classifying herbs (with our senses) in terms of their qualities of hot, cold, dry, or damp. We will also talk about our own energetics as individuals (“I always run hot”… "My skin is super dry all year”…), and think about appropriate herbal compliments for individual constitutions and imbalances. In the second part of this class we will introduce some principle herbal actions, give herbal examples, and discuss how these actions are relevant to common ailments. This class goes beyond a “this herb for that illness” approach and presents a much more dynamic, personalized, and effective way to match herbs to individuals. A great place to begin your herbal journey or to dive deeper. $25. Thursday, November 7th, 10 am-Noon. Instructor: Emily Rose, 505.490.3194
4. Easing Tense Bellies with Bitters, Aromatics and Nervines: It is no secret that our nervous and digestive systems are directly connected. When you have had a stressful day, even the most simple meal can cause indigestion. In this class we will discuss herbs that act on both of these systems. We will talk about the use of bitters, aromatics, and nervines to support healthy digestion and a calm state of emotional and mental well being. $25. Thursday, November 14th, 10 am-Noon. Instructor: Emily Rose, 505.490.3194.
5. Topical & Internal Remedies for Muscles, Nerves, Joints and Bones: In this class we will focus on herbs and lifestyle choices that support a healthy musculoskeletal system. We will talk about common complaints such as back and neck pain, sciatica, tendonitis, and osteoporosis. We will discuss both internal and topical remedies. $25. Thursday, November 21st, 10 am-Noon. Instructor: Emily Rose, 505.490.3194.
Call us at 505-820-6321 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Emilyrose.email@example.com to sign up for the classes. Look for more classes in December and January.
Come see us!
1500 5th St. Unit #6 Santa Fe, NM 87505 Monday-Saturday: 10am - 5:30pm